Argentina-Friday with Lüthi on top
Tom Lüthi storms to first position at the start of the weekend in Termas de Rio Hondo, Argentina. Dynavolt IntactGP teammate Marcel Schrötter completes the Top Ten on day one.
The Dynavolt Intact GP pair links to the magnificent work from Qatar on the first practice day of the Argentina GP 2019 and were in both sessions amongst the fastest riders of the Moto2 class.
Already during the Friday morning practice, Tom Lüthi and his teammate changed positions at the top. While the Swiss finished the first practice in seventh position, he was not beatable in the afternoon with his 1’43.353 lap time and finished it on top.
Until the middle of the session it was Marcel Schrötter, who was leading the field. The 25-years-old most of the time already was fastest in the first session on the 4.8 km long Termas de Rio Hondo circuit and finished the morning in third position. Later on he tried several settings during the second free practice and moved back to tenth with 1’43.710, with a only three and a half tenths of a second gap to P1.
1. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'44.220
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 1'44.240 (+0.020)
3. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'44.351 (+0.131)
7. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'44.534 (+0.314)
1. Thomas LUTHI / SWI / KALEX - 1'43.353
2. Sam LOWES / GBR / KALEX - 1'43.445 (+0.092)
3. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 1'43.477 (+0.124)
10. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'43.710 (+0.357)