Changing conditions affect Friday in Malaysia
The start of the Malaysia weekend was influenced by changing track conditions, which made it difficult for the Dynavolt Intact GP riders to built up a perfect feeling. Marcel Schrötter and Xavi Vierge finally finished day one in places 13 and 18.
Nocturnal rain caused wet spots on the Sepang International Circuit on Friday morning and limited the practice time for the Intact GP duo. In the second session in the afternoon, the asphalt was once again wet after a previous rain shower, but dried up quickly with over 30 ° Celsius, so that the lap times steadily became faster.
Marcel Schrötter tried different tyre combinations and was initially within the Top3 - Top5. Only at the end, as the competitors were able to improve further, the 25-year-old slipped to 13th place, with 0.8 seconds behind the fastest of the day, Alex Marquez.
On Friday, Xavi Vierge could not yet develop the same good feeling on his Kalex with which he was able to reach the podium in Australia. The Spaniard was among the fastest ten in the afternoon until, just like his teammate, he too, was pushed back in the ranking and finished 18th.
Both Intact GP riders now hope for more stable, clearer conditions on Saturday in order to do a good job in the last Free Practice and to fight for a place in the front row again in the afternoon's Qualifying.
1. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'08.351
2. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'08.565 (+0.214)
3. Francesco BAGNAIA / ITA / KALEX - 2'08.575 (+0.224)
12. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'09.303 (+0.952)
21. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'10.419 (+2.068)
1. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'06.928
2. Fabio QUARTARARO / FRA / SPEED UP - 2'06.958 (+0.030)
3. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'07.089 (+0.161)
13. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'07.819 (+0.891)
18. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'08.250 (1.322)