Rows 2 & 3 on the grid for the Czech GP
The Dynavolt Intact GP riders Marcel Schrötter and Xavi Vierge took the fifth and eighth place on the grid with extremely tight gaps in the hot Brno qualifying.
After dominating the free practice sessions on Friday in the scorching heat of the Automotodrom Brno, Marcel Schrötter was close to the top again on Saturday.
In the 45-minute qualifying the asphalt temperatures reached 53 degrees Celsius and it was important to be in the front from the beginning. In fact, all riders up to the 16th position set their best time within the first three laps.
With a time of 2'02.449, Marcel Schrötter was only three hundredths away from his fourth front row of the year. He finished fifth in second row and thanks to his consistent pace, he has a great feeling for tomorrow's 19-lap race, which is surely going to be a heated battle.
Xavi Vierge also developed a good rhythm on Saturday. The young Spaniard followed only half a tenth behind his teammate in eighth position in row three. Having been behind a bit on Friday and today's morning, the 21-year-old was able to make the leap into the top ten in the right moment with his best time of 2'02.505.
1. Francesco BAGNAIA / ITA / KALEX - 2'02.643
2. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'02.735 (+0.092)
3. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'03.015 (+0.372)
4. Iker LECUONA / SPA / KTM - 2'03.065 (+0.422)
5. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'03.129 (+0.486)
17. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'03.657 (+1.014)
1. Luca MARINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'02.244
2. Alex MARQUEZ / SPA / KALEX - 2'02.359 (+0.115)
3. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'02.417 (+0.173)
4. Miguel OLIVEIRA / POR / KTM - 2'02.446 (+0.202)
5. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'02.449 (+0.205)
6. Francesco BAGNAIA / ITA / KALEX - 2'02.451 (+0.207)
7. Brad BINDER / RSA / KTM - 2'02.493 (+0.249)
8. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'02.505 (+0.261)
9. Dominique AEGERTER / SWI / KTM - 2'02.520 (+0.276)