Schrötter and Arbolino start work in Valencia weather mix
LIQUI MOLY Intact GP riders Marcel Schrötter and Tony Arbolino ended day one at the Ricardo Tormo Circuit in Valencia in 15th and 21st place respectively after a wet morning session and a dry afternoon.
Rain came unexpectedly to kick off the Valencia weekend, making it difficult for the LIQUI MOLY Intact GP squad to get to work on the 4-kilometre track. Despite drier weather forecasts, a shower passed before the first practice session of the Moto2 class, leaving behind a soaked tarmac. Nevertheless, Marcel Schrötter and Tony Arbolino were able to sharpen their feel in the wet just in case.
Thanks to sunshine in the afternoon, the two Kalex riders were then able to start their actual setup adjustments. Marcel Schrötter rode the entire FP2 with one set of tyres in order to evaluate it already for the race on Sunday. With his time of 1'36.527 and a gap of six tenths to the top, he ended up in 15th place.
After a difficult Portimao weekend, Tony Arbolino went straight to business in Valencia to get his good feeling back. Unfortunately, he only had one dry practice session on Friday to do so. Saturday morning will therefore be very important to improve from today's 21st place.
1. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'46.587
2. Joe ROBERTS / USA / KALEX - 1'46.607 (+0.020)
3. Hector GARZO / SPA / KALEX - 1'46.791 (+0.204)
17. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'47.914 (+1.327)
18. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'48.009 (+1.422)
1. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 1'35.857
2. Raul FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.865 (+0.008)
3. Augusto FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.898 (+0.041)
15. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'36.527 (+0.670)
21. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'36.821 (+0.964)