Schrötter second fastest in Australia on Friday
The Australian Grand Prix started promising for the Dynavolt Intact GP riders. Marcel Schrötter finished day one as second best and Xavi Vierge was able to increase steadily and secured ninth place.
The Moto2 sessions on the opening day at the Phillip Island Circuit started with a slight delay after the track had to be cleaned of oil following an incident in Moto3. Fortunately, the Moto2 riders escaped the rain showers in the morning and were able to complete both practice sessions in dry conditions on Friday.
Marcel Schrötter has left the disappointment of the Japan Grand Prix behind and started the race weekend of Australia yet again in a very strong way. He set his best time of the day already in FP1 in the morning, which he finished as front-runner. In the afternoon only Brad Binder was able to beat the Intact GP Kalex rider and his time of 1'33.788 by just 0,087 seconds.
Xavi Vierge was able to take his good feeling from Japan to Down Under and finished the first practice day in ninth place. The 21-year-old improved from the morning to the afternoon by half a second. With his time of 1'34.522 he followed the lead with 0.8 seconds distance. It is important to minimize this tomorrow with hopefully dry conditions.
1. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'33.788
2. Brad BINDER / RSA / KTM - 1'33.942 (+0.154)
3. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 1'34.010 (+0.222)
14. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 1'35.020 (+1.232)
1. Brad BINDER / RSA / KTM - 1'33.701
2. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'33.959 (+0.258)
3. Iker LECUONA / SPA / KTM - 1'34.051 (+0.350)
9. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 1'34.522 (+0.821)