Schrötter with a super strong Friday in hot Brno
Marcel Schrötter returned from the summer break highly motivated and on Friday of the Czech Grand Prix, he was the fastest man in Moto2 at the Automotodrom Brno. For Dynavolt Intact GP teammate Xavi Vierge, the first day ended on a modestly 17th place.
The two and a half weeks holiday between his home race at the Sachsenring and the Grand Prix of the Czech Republic have apparently been doing very well for Marcel Schrötter. The 25-year-old seemed more concentrated than ever, relaxed and highly motivated. On Friday morning, at temperatures of over 32° degrees he burned the best time in the already hot asphalt, having a gap of four tenths. In the afternoon, he repeatedly set the fasted time with a 2'03.118. This time the gap to the following rider, current championship leader, Francesco Bagnaia, was 0.201 seconds and thus still quite decent.
For the Spaniard, Xavi Vierge, the start into the second half of the season was not so easy on day 1. He tried a new basic setup with his crew, which didn't work as expected. With a time of 2'04.000 he was in 17th place still 0.8 seconds away from his teammate. On Saturday he wants to minimize this significantly.
1. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'03.854
2. Romano FENATI / ITA / KALEX - 2'04.277 (+0.423)
3. Francesco BAGNAIA / ITA / KALEX - 2'04.373 (+0.519)
14. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'04.849 (+0.995)
1. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'03.118
2. Francesco BAGNAIA / ITA / KALEX - 2'03.319 (+0.201)
3. Mattia PASINI / ITA / KALEX - 2'03.359 (+0.241)
17. Xavi VIERGE / SPA / KALEX - 2'04.000 (+0.882)