Dominique Aegerter confirms role as favorite at Jerez Test II
Two weeks before the start of the FIM Enel MotoE™ World Cup 2021 season, Dynavolt IntactGP rider Dominique Aegerter confirmed his dominance in the last three-day test in Jerez de la Frontera with P2.
After the Swiss GP veteran finished the first official MotoE™ test in early March with a fantastic second place, the expectations for the final preseason test were just as high. When Aegerter finished the first day in the lead ahead of Jordi Torres and Eric Granado, it became clear that the 30-year-old's pace was once again very strong.
However, nobody could have guessed that he would celebrate a start-to-finish victory in the race simulation on the second test day with a lead of 10,419s. His closest pursuers were the two Spanish class rookies, Fermin Aldeguer (Openbank Aspar Team) and Miguel Pons from the LCR E-Team. But that wasn't it - Dominique Aegerter topped the existing lap record in the third of eight laps of the race thanks to a glorious 1:47.259.
The last day offered significantly windier conditions than in the previous days. After the Rohbacher improved his own lap record from Tuesday in Wednesday's second session, it was finally his greatest challenger, Eric Granado, who pushed him to a still strong second place. By that, the Brazilian undercut Aegerter’s lap record from the morning thanks to a 1:47.065 by 0.041s.
The countdown is set - from April 30th - May 2nd, 2021, the 18 participants of the MotoE World Cup 2021 will meet again in the same place to fight the first battle of a promising season.
TOP 10 - 3 Days combined standings:
1. Eric GRANADO / BRA / One Energy Racing - 1:47.065
2. Dominique AEGERTER / SWI / Dynavolt Intact GP - 1:47.106 (+0.041)
3. Xavier CARDELÚS / AND / Avintia Esponsorama Racing - 1:47.592 (+0.527)
4. Alessandro ZACCONE / ITA / Octo Pramac MotoE - 1:47.667 (+0.602)
5. Fermin ALDEGUER / ESP / Openbank Aspar Team - 1:47.760 (+0.695)
6. Jordi TORRES / ESP / Pons Racing 40 - 1:47.842 (+0.777)
7. Miquel PONS / ESP / LCR E-Team - 1:47.988 (+0.923)
8. Lukas TULOVIC / GER / Tech3 E-racing - 1:48.085 (+1.020)
9. Yonny HERNÁNDEZ / COL / Octo Pramac MotoE - 1:48.233 (+1.168)
10. Hikari OKUBO / JAP / Avant Ajo MotoE - 1:48.242 (+1.177)