Top ten Friday for Schrötter in Doha
Marcel Schrötter started the Doha Grand Prix weekend in ninth place. LIQUI MOLY Intact GP team-mate Tony Arbolino is still looking for more in 21st place.
Like last week, the Friday at the Losail International Circuit in Qatar started with a heated battle in FP1, whereas the lap times got faster when the temperatures cooled down a bit during the evening session.
Marcel Schrötter rounded off the top ten in the 37° Celsius hot afternoon and finished the second free practice session in ninth position with a time of 1'59.362. Apart from the leader, Raul Fernandez, who was 0.5 seconds ahead of the entire field, he was only three-tenths off from the second fastest and only 0.174 seconds from the top 3.
Tony Arbolino missed the provisional Q2 entry list this Friday. With his time of 1'59.915, he finished 21st, but followed 14th place with a gap of only half a second. The rookie has not yet been able to build the perfect feeling for his Kalex. The plan now is to take a step back with the setup and hopefully be able to take another step forward on Saturday.
1. Fabio DI GIANNANTONIO / ITA / KALEX - 1'59.931
2. Marco BEZZECCHI / ITA / KALEX - 1'59.976 (+0.045)
3. Joe ROBERTS / USA / KALEX - 2'00.094 (+0.163)
10. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 2'00.737 (+0.806)
20. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 2'01.123 (+1.192)
1. Raul FERNANDEZ / SPA / KALEX - 1'58.541
2. Fabio DI GIANNANTONIO / ITA / KALEX - 1'59.058 (+0.517)
3. Remy GARDNER / AUS / KALEX - 1'59.188 (+0.647)
9. Marcel SCHROTTER / GER / KALEX - 1'59.362 (+0.821)
21. Tony ARBOLINO / ITA / KALEX - 1'59.915 (+1.374)